Salish Weave Box Set II
Box Set II includes prints from artists represented in Box Set I – Susan Point, lessLIE, and Maynard Johnny Jr. – and introduces prints from John Marston, Luke Marston, Dylan Thomas, and Andy Everson.
Susan Point’s print, Devotions, is an Intaglio etching, Chiné Collé; this is the only print of the Salish Weave Box Sets that is not a silkscreen print.
John Marston is a renowned carver who had never designed an image for silkscreen printing. Salmon Cycle, is John’s first foray into this art form. The Salish Weave Collection is honored to include John Marston’s very first print in Box Set II.
View the Box Set II essay written by Dylan Thomas.
Salmon CycleJohn Marston, 2008
Spa EthMaynard Johnny Jr., 2008
WuhusMaynard Johnny Jr., 2008
Eagle NestAndy Everson, 2009
DevotionSusan A. Point, 2009
Thunderbird and KillerwhaleLuke Marston, 2011
MandalaDylan Thomas, 2010
Middle PointlessLIE, 2008
Salish Weave Collection Box Set II has been gifted to the following institutions and organizations:
- School Districts
- View the Box Set Table for the distribution to the school districts.
- Galleries / Museums
- Burnaby Art Gallery
- Legacy Art Galleries at the University of Victoria
- Museum of Anthropology at the University of British Columbia
- National Gallery of Canada
- Universities / Colleges
- Memorial University – Grenfell Campus
- Royal Roads University
- Simon Fraser University
- Stanford University
- University of Victoria – Cornett Building
- University of Victoria – Faculty of Education
- Vancouver Island University – Cowichan Campus
- Other Institutions / Organizations
- Centre for the Salish Sea
- Musqueam Community
- Musqueam Community – Exchange with New Zealand
- Stó:lō Community