Salish Weave Box Set I
Box Set I is a portfolio of nine original limited editions of 50 serigraphs each collected from 2004 to 2008. These prints were commissioned by the Salish Weave Collection from four prominent Coast Salish artists, namely Susan Point, Maynard Johnny Jr., Chris Paul, and lessLIE.
All serigraphs are silkscreen prints made by Victoria printer Eric Bourquin of Seacoast Screen Printing. They all measure 22 inches by 22 inches and the size of the printed image varies from 15 to 18 inches.
Each series of nine serigraphs is housed in a custom maple and walnut box designed by the Salish Weave Collection and handcrafted by Victoria cabinet maker Kory Larsen of the Finished Room. The box allows for the display of one serigraph behind an acid-free Plexiglas and for the storage of the remaining 8 prints individually placed in an acid-free sleeve. The box measures 24 inches by 24 inches and is 2-inches deep. It can be placed on a table or hung on a wall.
View the Box Set I essay written by lessLIE.
Display and Storage BoxKori Larsen, 2006
Answer to the CallMaynard Johnny Jr., 2004
Thunderbird PaddleMaynard Johnny Jr., 2004
Thunderbird and KillerwhalelessLIE, 2004
Four SerpentslessLIE, 2007
Salish CommunitylessLIE, 2007
Sun, Salmon, Frogs and RavenslessLIE, 2007
Over Black TuskSusan A. Point, 2005
ConservationChris Paul, 2004
Swan DrumChris Paul, 2008
Salish Weave Collection Box Set I has been gifted to the following institutions and organizations:
- School Districts
- View the Box Sets Table for the distribution to school districts.
- Galleries / Museums
- Art Gallery of Greater Victoria for Victoria Native Friendship Centre
- Burnaby Art Gallery
- Legacy Art Galleries at the University of Victoria
- Museum of Anthropology at the University of British Columbia
- National Gallery of Canada
- Universities / Colleges
- Memorial University, Grenfell Campus Gallery
- Northern Lights College
- Royal Roads University
- Simon Fraser University
- Stanford University
- University of Victoria – Cornett Building
- University of Victoria – Faculty of Education
- Vancouver Island University – Cowichan Campus
- Other Institutions / Organizations
- BC Aboriginal Tourism
- BC Government House for Canada House, London, UK
- Centre for the Salish Sea
- Musqueam Community
- Musqueam Exchange with New-Zealand
- Stó:lō Community
- Victoria Hospital Foundation